Our approach to teaching about relationships and sex.
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
- Prepare students for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
- Help students develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Create a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships
- Teach students the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
SRE is taught within the personal, social, health and economic (PSHE) education curriculum and during tutor time/drop-down days.
Biological aspects of SRE are taught within the science curriculum, and other aspects are included in other subjects (such as RE, if studied).
Students may also receive stand-alone sex education sessions delivered by a trained health professional.